Tuesday, February 24, 2009

CrossFit Run/Endurance Certified



This past weekend me and 3 other coaches from CrossFit Central went to Fort Worth for a Running & Endurance certification. The cert. was extremely informative and will be hugely beneficial for myself as well as my clients. I learned how to run more efficiently using the POSE technique if you are familiar with that form. I learned how to program for endurance athletes using the CrossFit method which will help any of my boot campers who train with Rogue. I learned about injury prevention, skills and drills, stretches and trigger point therapy. The appropriate running shoes and fine tuning nutrition for endurance athletes. I feel like I have a wealth of new knowledge and have already been putting it to use.

The boot camp at Rogue is for anybody and everybody, not just runners or triathletes but I feel knowing this information makes me that much better of a coach to all my clients. I do what I do because I love to help people obtain their fitness goals, to be healthy and happy and know that whatever they want to accomplish they can and I am here to help them along.

Let me know if I can help in any way or if you just would like some tips or advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment